The VBC is a volunteer-run organisation comprising over 1000 members, which is rising. As you can imagine, it is a lot of work to keep the VBC running effectively, so we do ask that our members give something back if possible. We are always looking for volunteers and your help would be greatly appreciated. For example, you could volunteer to help at the Christmas party or become coordinator of a parents’ group. By helping us, we can ensure that the VBC can keep on helping families like yours well into the future. Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in volunteering!
What can you volunteer for at the VBC?
- Group Coordinator: Organises a parents’ group, consisting of people at the same pregnancy stage or with young children of the same age (within two months), to meet on a regular basis in and around Vienna. Also maintains a list of active group members, and greets new members. New Group Coordinators are trained by a Group Coordinator Liaison. There are six parents’ groups per year and each needs one or two Group Coordinators.
- District Coordinator: Manages groups within a specific district of Vienna, arranging regular meetings and activities.
- Social/District Coordinator Liaison: Oversees the coordination of the Social and District groups, promotes the sharing of best practices, helps find new Group Coordinators and is responsible for the Monthly Social Notices. Sits on the Steering Committee.
- Group Coordinator Liaison: Oversees the coordination of the parents’ groups and helps find and train new Group Coordinators. Sits on the Steering Committee.
- Special Events Coordinator: Oversees and helps organise any special events. Sits on the Steering Committee.
- Christmas Party Coordinator: Oversees the coordination of the Christmas party.
- Flea Market Coordinator: Oversees the coordination of the biannual Flea Market.
- Monthly Meeting Hostess: Runs the Monthly Meetings: books the facility, buys snacks, sets up the hall, greets and introduces the attendees to one another. Sits on the Steering Committee.
- Notices Coordinator: Prepares the weekly VBC Notices emails and maintains the active member email list. Sits on the Steering Committee.
- Webmaster/Content Manager: Maintains and develops the VBC website. Sits on the Steering Committee.
- Club Inquiries: Responds to email inquiries about the VBC and membership. Sits on the Steering Committee.
- Database Administrator: Maintains the entire VBC database and liaises with members and group- and district- coordinators as needed. Sits on the Steering Committee.
- Treasurer: Maintains documents for online banking, makes transfers, keeps receipts, prepares an annual income statement, and works with an external accountant to prepare annual books. Sits on the Steering Committee.
- President: Oversees the entire organisation, ensures VBC policies are in place, plans future events, and organises monthly meetings of the Steering Committee.